Wow, the weather got down to 10 below a few times. It did some damages to the water pipes, so I invested in some Pex and some Shark bites. I started at the water mains entrance and started cutting all of the questionable parts out from there. This stuff is good. I had plumbing that was galvanized, black iron, Brass tube, and copper tubing. The latest copper pipe was the nasty stuff from the mid 70’s. SO I divided the job into zones and had the core systems restored in very short order. Last to be plumbed is an upstairs bath refit, Which turned into a remodel job. It was on the things to do list anyhow. Now it’s mostly done. I love the flexible Pex tubing as you can fish it up the walls like it was a wire job. I restored the Gas heating this evening to ride the rest of this cold snap out.
One thing I liked about the Pex is the low cost and it’s resistance to freezing. I have seen one pipe expanded up to 2 and 3/4 inches and it returned to it’s old dimensions with the application of heat from a hair dryer. Secondly was a pay as you go kind of thing that allowed me to cover the costs over 2 weeks as work and cash permitted. I have another 80 buck outlay to get the upstairs bath back into shape. and the plaster restored. Now that the worst of this season is a memory, I can get back into the swing of things. I got a post planned about what worked vs what failed this last winter. Somethings went as planned exactly and others not as well. There’s more snow in the offing, But I’ll do ok from here into spring. Hopefully I’ll be able to post more often.
Hope you all have had a better winter than I. Dragon